Bordeaux Luxury Wine Tour
[2 days, 2 nights • half board • freedom package • € 1590/PERS • reference p1002]
Stéphane and Éric from Team Phééric have concocted a gourmet and well-being stopover for you near Bordeaux. With the Freedom Package, you are free to come and go as you please. All the appointments have already been made. You will be given a very detailed Roadbook when you arrive.
Want to escape the stress and strain of city life and work, be pampered, spend two exclusive days of wellbeing? Then, go to Bordeaux and Saint-Emilion, two magnificent UNESCO listed heritage sites in southwest France.
Day 1 - Pessac-Leognan, Vinotherapy
A relaxing day of Vinotherapy in a setting of rare beauty. The spa offers an exclusive treatment programme. We have chosen “A star day into the vineyards”(2) programme for you:
- Pulpe vitaminée facial treatment;
- Barrel bath or red wine bath or grape marc bath;
- Honey and wine wrap or a merlot wrap or an energy wrap;
- Crushed Cabernet scrub;
- Caudalie massage;
- Full access to the hammam, relaxation rooms and thermal bath with jet-stream ;
- Late afternoon: Wine tasting at Chateau Smith Haut Lafitte, Pessac-Léognan Grand Cru classé ;
- Dinner(1) in the gourmet restaurant, LA GRAND'VIGNE (one Michelin star), inspired by 18th century orangeries and with a beautiful terrace overlooking a small lake at the foot of the vine-covered slopes ;
- Night at Sources de Caudalie 5*****.
Day 2 - Saint-Emilion
After Breakfast, we drive to Saint-Émilion, renowned for producing some of the best wines in the world. This small medieval city, known since ancient times has recently been classified a World Heritage Site by the UNESCO.
- Guided visit of the amazing underground monuments of the village;
- Walk through the village. Visit of an underground cellar and tasting of a Grand Cru;
- Suggestions of sites to see and restaurants tested by Team Phééric;
- Visit to Les Cordeliers, in the village centre, which produces sparkling wines using the Traditional Method in the deep cellars of the 14th century Cloister.
- Night and dinner(1) at “L'hostellerie de Plaisance” (two Michelin star) with Philippe ETCHEBEST producing dishes from the southwest and elsewhere.
Our Packages are private and are not group tours! Form your own group of 6 or more. All packages are available all year round.
- (1) dinners generally include a starter, main course and dessert. drinks and wine are excluded.
- (2) Programme(s) subject to change without prior notice depending on changes in the service providers’ menus during the year.
5 Star Hotels
- "Les Sources de Caudalie": Sense of detail and service of a Palace combined with a warm and family atmosphere. "Les Sources de Caudalie", located among the vineyards of Château Smith Haut Lafitte, a Graves great growth, was established in 1999. The concept behind Les Sources de Caudalie is inspired by the "French Paradox", discovered over 20 years ago. It refers to a study proving that the French diet and lifestyle, particularly in Southwest France, is conducive to good health.
- "L’hostellerie de Plaisance": A warm and friendly welcome, an ambiance both chic and relaxed, a restrained and elegant decor by Alberto Pinto: the whole hotel exudes the art of living, refinement and discreet luxury. And also unsurpassed views out over the time-honoured vineyards of the legendary village of Saint-Emilion, first class service, constant attention to detail, peace, quiet and supreme comfort in exceptional surroundings: the two buildings brimming with character are linked by a series of hanging gardens. Add to that a panoramic terrace, car park, car service and helipad.
The Package includes:
- A detailed Roadbook.
- 2 nights and breakfast.
- 2 gastronomic dinners.
- Guided Visits of Chateau, Wine-tastings.
The Package does not include:
- Airfare from your home to Bordeaux.
- Drinks, Extra beverages and personal expenses.
- Laundry services.
- The dates of the Stays are not pre-defined (available all year round)! Therefore, there are no date restrictions. However, do remember that Sundays are generally more difficult to organize owing to the weekly closing day at several venues.
- This break should be booked 3 to 6 months in advance owing to the reputation of the venues.
Freedom Package - Price per person:
- €1590 - based on double occupancy (double or twin room)
About the “Freedom Package”:
- Travel under your own steam! Take advantage of some great services for a reasonable price. When you arrive, we will give you a detailed Road Book. All the appointments have already been made. Make your way to the meeting points: You have nothing to pay. Visits are always guided and meals always include a starter, a main course and a dessert accompanied by wine selected by Phééric.
Single Room Occupancy:
- €40 supplement per night.
- Extra night: Please advise us when filling out the Reservation form (PDF File)
- The dates of the Stays are not pre-defined! Therefore, there are no date restrictions. However, do remember that Sundays are generally more difficult to organize owing to the weekly closing day at several venues.
Payment methods and procedures:
- Your Reservation will only become effective after GREAT LAKES has checked the accommodation’s availability for the dates you have chosen. You will be sent a confirmation letter by e-mail. If the reservation is not possible, GREAT LAKEs will contact you to suggest other dates which you are free to refuse.
- In the case of bookings less than 30 days before the start of the stay, you will be required to pay the total sum of the stay subject to compliance with article R.211-8,10 of the Tourism Code.
- For more information see our general terms and conditions for booking.