Escape in Bordeaux Wine region
[3 days, 3 nights • FULL board • freedom package • € 590/PERS • reference p0803]
Stéphane and Éric from Team Phééric have concocted a break and nice experience stopover for you near Bordeaux. With the Freedom Package, you are free to come and go as you please. All the appointments have already been made. You will be given a very detailed Roadbook when you arrive.
Explore the world of Bordeaux wine and immerse yourself in French culture...
Day 1 - Arrival in Bordeaux
- Reach the Domaine de Quittignan Brillette(2) an authentic charming French family mansion, where you will join your hosts at a welcome drink and briefing. This evening, you will enjoy a hearty three-course dinner, using fresh, local ingredients and paired with regional wines and cheeses, prepared by your host Pascale who will serve you in her cozy dining room, a French concept called table d’hôte.
Day 2 - Médoc
- In the morning depart to Margaux where you’ll visit famous chateau and taste a Grand Cru Classé;
- Lunch(1) to discover the deep flavors and traditions of France Southwest;
- Guided visit & wine tasting in a Saint-Julien Classified Growth 1855;
- Suggestions of sites to see approved by Team Phééric;
- Return to Quittignan Brillette Mansion. Experience a super relaxed and enjoyable table d'hôte dinner with wines from La Cave de Phééric(4).
Day 3 - Saint-Émilion
- Breakfast and morning at leisure to explore Saint-Émilion, a 'must see'. Known since ancient times for the quality of its wines, this small medieval city has recently been classed a World Heritage Site by Unesco;
- Guided visit of the amazing underground monuments of the village;
- Lunch(1) in a local restaurant followed by some free time;
- Guided visit of famous Grand Cru Classé and its underground cellar in an old stone quarry;
- Guided visit to Les Cordeliers, in the village centre, which produces sparkling wines using the Traditional Method in the deep cellars of the 14th century Cloister;
- Back to the Domaine for a table d’hôtes dinner with wines from La Cave de Phééric(4).
Day 4 - Bordeaux
- Visit of the Winery located in the heart of Médoc. A recent original place for discovering your œnologic profile. You are invited to discover your own tastes and the corresponding wines that suit them in an exclusive event: the Wine Sign ®;
- Visit of Bordeaux city (all day long). Place of culture, Bordeaux, an 18th century architectural gem, has been officially included on the list of UNESCO World Heritage sites as of 28 June 2007;
- Lunch(1) at traditional French brasserie;
- Afternoon free time to stroll on your own, plan some visits or do some shopping in the longest shopping street of Europe;
- End of tour.
Our Packages are private and are not group tours! Form your own group of 6 or more. All packages are available all year round.
- (1) Lunches and dinners generally include a starter, main course, dessert, wine (25 cl for lunch with no restriction in the evening) – with tasting of several wines from La Cave de Phééric some evenings, but only when dining at the Domaine de Quittignan Brillette.
- (2) Depending on the number of bookings for the period chosen, you may be accommodated in alternative 3 épis classified accommodation (Gîtes de France standard or equivalent).
- (3) The programme may be altered without prior notice depending on your arrival date. This is because many wine-growing properties are closed on Sunday and sometimes Saturday.
- (4) Wine-tastings at La Cave de Phééric take place at the Domaine de QUITTIGNAN BRILLETTE in Moulis-en-médoc. If you are staying elsewhere, you are still guaranteed unlimited wine from a range selected by Phééric and the restaurant owner or table d'hôtes provider.
Quittignan Brillette, authentic charming bed&breakfast guesthouse in the Medoc:
- The mansion is an old winery with a main house and several outbuildings. It is a haven in the heart of the great vineyards of the Medoc (Margaux, Listrac, Pauillac, Saint-Julien, Saint-Esthèphe and Moulis), a favorable place with pool to relax itself.
- Rooms and suites are spacious and quiet, carefully decorated with bathroom or shower room and private toilet. It is a genuine friendly place to be…
- Quittignan Brillette Mansion: Photo Gallery.
The Package includes:
- A detailed Roadbook.
- 3 nights and breakfast.
- 3 Lunches (3 courses, wine included)
- 3 Table d’hôte dinner with wines from La Cave de Phééric(4).
- Guided Visits of Chateau, Wine-tastings.
The Package does not include:
- Airfare from your home to Bordeaux.
- Soft drinks, Extra beverages and personal expenses.
- Laundry services.
- The dates of the Stays are not pre-defined (available all year round)! Therefore, there are no date restrictions. However, do remember that Sundays are generally more difficult to organize owing to the weekly closing day at several venues.
Freedom Package - Price per person:
- €590 - based on double occupancy (double or twin room)
About the “Freedom Package”:
- Travel under your own steam! Take advantage of some great services for a reasonable price. When you arrive, we will give you a detailed Road Book. All the appointments have already been made. Make your way to the meeting points: You have nothing to pay. Visits are always guided and meals always include a starter, a main course and a dessert accompanied by wine selected by Phééric.
Single Room Occupancy:
- €80 supplement per stay.
- Extra night: Please advise us when filling out the Reservation form (PDF File)
- The dates of the Stays are not pre-defined! Therefore, there are no date restrictions. However, do remember that Sundays are generally more difficult to organize owing to the weekly closing day at several venues.
Payment methods and procedures:
- Your Reservation will only become effective after GREAT LAKES has checked the accommodation’s availability for the dates you have chosen. You will be sent a confirmation letter by e-mail. If the reservation is not possible, GREAT LAKES will contact you to suggest other dates which you are free to refuse.
- In the case of bookings less than 30 days before the start of the stay, you will be required to pay the total sum of the stay subject to compliance with article R.211-8,10 of the Tourism Code.
- For more information see our general terms and conditions for booking.